Before starting the topic “how to mark spam in Yahoo” we should learn first what are spam emails and how it looks like.
What are Spam Emails?
According to Wikipedia spam email referred to as junk email, which is unsolicited messages sent in bulk by email (spamming).
Most email spam messages are commercial in nature. Whether commercial or not, many are not only annoying, but also dangerous because they may contain links that lead to phishing web sites or sites that are hosting malware – or include malware as file attachments.
Source URL:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spam
How to Block/ Mark spam in Yahoo Mail
If someone sends you irritating or disturbing emails and you want to block any future emails from that person then you can easily do it.
Yahoo permits you to block or unblock senders emails whenever you want. If you get spam from someone, you can mark it as spam in Yahoo mail settings.
- Login to your account with the password and mail address.
- Click on the settings cogwheel icon on the right.
- Click on More Settings there other options appear and pick the one that says Security and Privacy.
- Snap-on the + Add button.
- Categorize the email address you want to block.
- Click the Save button to complete the process.
How to Block/ Mark spam in Yahoo Mai Application
- Open the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile device.
- Tap and hold a spam email till a checkmark arrives at the right of the email.
- Tap Mark as spam.
- The chosen emails will be transferred into the Spam folder.
Unsubscribe Your Yahoo Mail from the unwanted Email list
Sometimes mistakenly you have subscribed to, an email listing that sends you disturbing emails or emails that no longer interests you.
However, there is normally an unsubscribe link in the email that you can attend to unsubscribe, which helps you to stay away from spammy emails.
Additional tips to restrict your email from being filled with spam
- Mark as spam
- Never give your email in public sites ( Blogs & Social site)
- Stay alert when registering somewhere
- Build an alternative email address
- Do not communicate with spam mail
Report to Yahoo As Spam
If you see a message in your Yahoo Mail that seems to be fraudulent or an offered marketing information, you can click the “Spam” button to report it to Yahoo as spam.
We hope you have found this article helpful, but if you still feel helpless to mark spam in Yahoo then you can directly call to Yahoo technical support number for further help & support.