Most of the Yahoo users go through the situation where they locked out them self of their Yahoo account. The main reason behind the Yahoo locked account is the violation of the guidelines and user policies. Yahoo emphasizes the user’s security as the account has the access to various information of the user.
Thus Yahoo account is one of the secure email accounts, that keep a special focus on the security protocols for the user’s data. Any malicious activity that Yahoo seems inappropriate leads to the temporary blockage of the account (12 hours). So today we will discuss the possible reasons, why the Yahoo account gets locked and what are the steps that you can take to solve the issue as well.
Reasons For Why Yahoo Account Gets Locked?
- If someone tries to hack your account, Yahoo immediately locks your account.
- Sending emails in a large number than regular sending routine.
- Any malicious activity in your account that suspected by Yahoo.
- Trying an incorrect password again and again.
- Unauthorized access to third-party apps and software.
- Accessing your account from various locations at a time.
- Your mail is marked as spam by your recipients.
Steps To Unlock Your Locked Yahoo Account?
When Yahoo witnesses any of the above-given activity, it blocks your account temporarily (12hours). But you can always gain access to your account just after your account gets locked.
- Visit to Yahoo sign-in helper page.
- Now enter your recovery phone number or email address.
- You will now receive a security key on the provided number or email.
- Enter the key in the given section, and you will get access to your account.
- From your Yahoo client software, remove your POP and IMAP settings. This will help you to regain access to your Yahoo account.
- Terminate all the accesses given to the third-party apps from your Yahoo email.
- Try using a different browser for logging into your account.
These given methods will make you regain access to your locked Yahoo account, and if these methods don’t work, unfortunately, then you have to wait for at least 12 hours to get your account back. You can also call Yahoo customer service to discuss the issue and get help from the professionals.