If you have concerns about your Yahoo account for getting hacked? Then your concern is right as Yahoo mail is being used by most of the people for opening bank portals, online transactions, for signing into social media accounts, etc.
And getting your email hacked that contains your most important information is a matter of serious concern in which you must seek for the ways that how you can recover Yahoo hacked account.
Even though Yahoo being one of the most secure email platforms, it still doesn’t guarantee your account security against hackers. However, you can take some measures to secure your Yahoo account and make it covered through various security layers.
How To identify that your Yahoo mail has been hacked?
- You will get notifications from Yahoo mail stating unusual activity in your account.
- No new email will be received for an extended period.
- “We’ve detected suspicious activity on your account “you will receive this message from Yahoo.
- You will also be notified if there is a login into your account form an unusual location.
After reading the above steps, if you find that your account has been hacked, you have to follow the given steps to recover your Yahoo account.
Steps to recover your hacked Yahoo mail on the desktop
- Open Yahoo mail on the browser and click on the sign-in button.
- Now you will see trouble signing in button, click on it.
- Enter your phone number or recovery email address, anyone.
- Click on continue, and then click on send me an account key. You will receive the account key on your phone or the email.
- Enter that verification code on the given space on Yahoo.
- Now enter your new password, and your new password has been set.
How to recover Yahoo mail on your Mobile device?
- Open your Yahoo mail account on Yahoo mail application.
- On the left side, click on the Yahoo mail icon.
- Now at the bottom of the screen, click on trouble signing in.
- A window will appear asking for your phone number or email.
- You will receive a recovery code; enter that recovery code in the given space.
- Now create a new password for login in the future.
Use Yahoo 2 step verification for two layers of security
Yahoo 2-step verification is an additional security layer provided by Yahoo to its users that makes their account more secure against hacking and suspicious login attempts.
How 2fa works
When two-factor authentication is enabled, and the Yahoo account finds any suspicion login attempt, it will ask for the login pin along with the password that you have set while enabling 2step verification. So here are the steps to enable Yahoo 2FA.
Additional details about Yahoo 2-step verification
- On the right top, click on your account.
- Now go to account information.
- Select account security.
- Turn on the toggle in front of 2 step verification.
- Now enter your mobile number and choose between SMS and Call me.
- Depending on your method, you will receive a code. Enter it and click on verify.
- You will be asked for that code whenever a suspicious login attempt will be made.
So these were some steps that will help you in getting back your hacked account in no time.