Yahoo mail has introduced the Yahoo account key to making their account more secure and free from online malicious activities like getting hacked and email cloning. Although the Yahoo account key is one of the secure methods, users still sometimes face issues like the Yahoo account key not working.
We all know that every Yahoo user uses a basic password consisting of combinations of alphabets, numbers, and characters. However, these passwords also provide you security but are also easily breach able.
Once you activate the Yahoo account key in your account, you will not have to enter the basic password. Perhaps you need to click on yes or no notification panel. By click on yes or no, you can allow or deny access to your account.
But if you are unable to get the Yahoo account key, you must have made some mistakes while setting it up, or there might be some error that took place due to you to which you are unable to receive the verification key.
Here, we have discussed some basic steps to fix the Yahoo account key not working issue
1) Allow notification
Ensure that you have allowed access to Yahoo mail for sending notifications to your device; if you have not allowed, you will not be able to receive the Yahoo account key for verification. So make sure that when you download, the app allows access to the notification.
2) Try for another notification.
When you try to log in, and you didn’t receive any Yahoo account key notification, then you can also try to have another notification by clicking in the resend button on the Yahoo page form where you are signing in.
3) Enable in-app notification
If you didn’t get a notification or have not received the account key, you have checked the Yahoo app to enable notification in the app settings itself. Go to your profile in the top left corner, and you will see a notification button. Click on it and then select all messages and features.
Try getting through this step-by-step method if the above one didn’t work
- Go to the Yahoo sign-in page and enter your credentials, i.e., email address and password, and click next.
- Now you will see use text or email to sign in. Click on it, and after that, you have to enter your missing mobile number digits.
- After this, you will get a notification on your device stating yes, text me an account key. If you don’t have your device, then you can use your alternate email.
- Now you will have to tap on a verification code or enter it yourself according to your choice.
- Click on continue, and when you have submitted the details, you can use the Yahoo account key without any issue.
If you are still unable to receive the Yahoo account key, you must contact Yahoo toll-free number for assistance 24/7. The tech masters are always there to help you and make sure that your issue gets resolved.