Yahoo mail, a widely used email platform across the world, provides various security measures to its users. But a handful of people only utilize these security methods to secure their account. Well, today we will discuss how you can protect your Yahoo account through the Yahoo account key feature.
Yahoo account key has eliminated the use of a password for logging into your account. It allows you to access your email by allowing you to click on a notification on your authorized mobile device. It is a physical type of access that Yahoo provides you instead of that traceable mixed letters and numbers password.
Yahoo passwords can be hacked easily by hackers as they use various software’s to crack these passwords and to breach into your account. That’s why Yahoo has emphasized user security and stopped hackers from tampering their important files and information.
Steps to enable Yahoo account key:-
To enable the Yahoo account key, you need to have a Yahoo official app on your device or tablet whichever you are using.
- Open the Yahoo mail app and log in to your account.
- Select the menu icon displaying on the top left corner of the screen.
- Now in front of your email address, there is a key icon, select that.
- Click on set up account key button appearing in the middle of the screen.
- A green and a red mark will appear, select the green one on the sample key screen.
- Tap on the got it button.
- Enter your mobile number of that device that you want to authorize and enable Yahoo account key.
- Finally, click on getting it, and your account key had been enabled.
Although at the time of login you still need to enter your email address instead of the password you need to tap on the yes button form the push notification that will arrive on your authorized device.
So this is how you can set up the Yahoo account key to your account and put a brick in your accounts security wall. Follow the steps, and you will find it very easy to access this feature.